Category Archives: News
Lower Arroyo Archery Range Re-Opens Saturday, May 16, 2020
According to this page on the city’s website: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/parks-and-rec/featured-news/recreation-amenity-guidance-covid-19/, the range is officially open today, Saturday May 16, 2020.
You must adhere to these restrictions and safety guidelines:
Archery Range and Casting Pond (opening Saturday, May 16)
- Face coverings will be required at all times.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet is required all times.
- Facility operator shall place delineators at sport stations to create a 6-foot distance between participants.
- Private lessons will be allowed while practicing physical distancing. There shall be no group lessons involving more than 2 people.
- Practice physical distancing and provide at least six feet of space at all times.
- Face coverings should be worn to protect others – even when exercising – as long as your airflow is not restricted.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Gather with members of the same household only.
- Do not visit public trails and trailheads if feeling sick and/or exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Follow all posted regulations on trails and at trailheads.
- Communicate with others as you pass. Alert one another when passing by and allow room to safely pass.
- Bring water, hand sanitizer, and/or disinfecting wipes to wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- Users must take their trash with them to protect other trail users, wildlife, and staff.
If you have questions, or if you observe a violation, you can request information or submit a complaint through the Citizen Service Center. Call 626-744-7311 or visit https://www.cityofpasadena.net/CSC.
Thank you and stay safe!
Lower Arroyo Archery Range To Re-Open Soon for Private Use
The City of Pasadena’s Public Health Department has issued revised orders today, May 14, 2020, that allow for the re-opening of various recreational facilities, including archery ranges. The full order is available HERE.
We have received notice from the Parks and Recreation Department that they are in the process of preparing for the re-opening of the range, which should happen soon. We will update our website as soon as we receive word.
At this time, PRA does not have plans or a timeline to resume classes or tournaments, but you may soon be able to enjoy the range on your own.
Thank you and stay safe,
Your PRA Board
Lower Arroyo Archery Range Officially Closed
We have received word from City of Pasadena officials that the Lower Arroyo area, including the archery range, is closed to the public.
PRA Cancelling All Club Activities in Response to Coronavirus Advisories
PRA takes the wellbeing of our members, volunteers, and visitors seriously — we all want our activities to stay safe, fun, and healthy. In response to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the most recent advisement of local, state, and national health authorities, we are CANCELLING ALL ACTIVITIES until further notice. We are keeping close tabs on the development of the situation and advisories, and will update you with any changes here and on our social media pages.
Please note that this includes postponement of PRA’s Oak Tree 3-D Tournament that was scheduled for March 29, 2020. We will post a new date as soon as possible.
The range will continue to stay open to the public until further notice by the relevant authorities. Please remember to display your City Safety Credential while using the range.
We thank you for your understanding, support, and cooperation with our efforts to help keep PRA safe and healthy for all. We’re sending our best wishes to the PRA community and hope that we’ll get to shoot with you all soon.
Resources to learn more about the Coronavirus and the public advisories now in effect:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
Pasadena Department of Public Health: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/public-health/news-announcements/pasadena-declares-public-health-emergency-for-covid-19-response/
City of Pasadena Office of the City Manager: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/city-manager/news-releases/city-of-pasadena-cancels-all-non-essential-city-sponsored-events/
New York Times Coronavirus Live Updates (no paywall): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/world/live-coronavirus-news-updates.html#link-71630faa
White House Statement of 03/16/20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECiwwMJVTQ