The best way to support Pasadena Roving Archers is by becoming a member. The City of Pasadena does not cover any of the range maintenance or target bales. Membership dues help to pay the city for our use of the range, pay for and maintain the target bales and equipment used in our Saturday classes.
Membership is not required for participation in our introductory classes or Sunday tournaments.
Benefits of membership:
- No fee for Saturday Returning Archer classes.
- No fee for non-invitational Sunday competitions.
- Eligible for the PRA’s annual awards. Throughout the year members participate in Sunday tournament and their scores accumulate and contribute to eligibility for awards. Our Annual Awards Banquet is held in January at which time archers in various categories are recognized.
- Members receive The Roving Reporter, our newsletter, which keeps them up to date on club activities, scores, upcoming events, shooting form and equipment hints and tips, and activities in the world of archery.
- Members can participate in advanced classes for an annual fee.
PRA offers the following membership options:
- Individual Membership
- Working Individual dues are $60/yr plus a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer work on the range, at tournaments, or other club duty.
- Non-working Individual dues are $260/yr with, as the name implies, no working hours obligation.
- Family Membership
- Working Family dues are $92/yr plus a minimum of 32 volunteer hours.
- Non-working family membership is $412 and a non-working individual membership is $260 with no work obligations.
- Junior Membership (under 18 years of age)
- Working Junior dues are $40 per year plus 4 hours work obligations.
- Non-working Junior dues are $80 per year with no work obligation.
- Collegiate Membership (Enrolled in college or university)
- Collegiate dues are $20 plus 2 volunteer hours per four-month term (approximating a semester) running from September 1 to December 31, January 1 to May 31, and June 1 to August 31.
- This is a nonvoting class and members of this class are not eligible to serve on the PRA Board of Directors; however, upon paying their third consecutive semester dues, Collegiate Members may convert their membership to an Individual Membership with all benefits and privileges of that class and only 2 volunteer hours required.
For suggested volunteer opportunities, please see our Volunteer page.